effect (plural effects)
- The result or outcome of a cause.
- The effect of the hurricane was a devastated landscape.
- (filmology) An illusion produced by technical means (as in "special effect")
- The effect of flying was most convincing."
- (sound engineering) An alteration in sound after it has been produced by an instrument.
- I use an echo effect here to make the sound more mysterious.
- (sound engineering) A device for producing an alteration in sound produced by an instrument.
- I just bought a couple of great effects.
- The state of being binding and enforceable, as in a rule, policy, or law.
- The new law will come into effect on the first day of next year.
6 letters in word "effect": C E E F F T.
No anagrams for effect found in this word list.
Words found within effect: